Saturday 28 September 2013

Femi Brainard - 'I would love to have been a farmer'




What he would have done, if he's not into acting: I would love to have been a farmer. I love planting and seeing things grow. But Ayo Adesanya said no, that I should try my hands on acting. It was her who took me to Uncle Tunji Bamishigbin and that was it. Professionally, I started acting in 1997.



On relationship with Ayo Adesanya: She is a friend, colleague and family. We met like about 14years ago and thought I would fare better in entertainment. That was how it began. My first scene ever was with Funsho Adeolu, which didn’t go down well because I was scared when I saw the camera. It wasn’t funny. I rehearsed my lines with Funso Adeolu and Jide Alibi then. They took me through the ropes, told me it was easy. I had gotten my lines, only for me to see the camera, hear the word “action” and everything I had read grew wings. Uncle T was so mad at me. I got home that day feeling dejected because I had let everybody down. Little did I know about editing, only for me to see myself on screen that same day in the rested soap opera, Palace. I liked it and made up my mind to shape up or ship out. I felt it was something I could do with the support of my parents.



Culled from The Nation








source: alabamau2

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Subscribe me