Tuesday 14 June 2016

Edo will build roads despite low oil price - Oshiomole



Edo State Governor Adams Oshiomhole has said his administration will not stop work on ongoing road projects as well as build new ones, even if the price of crude oil crashes further.

The governor spoke yesterday at the flag-off of the 10-kilometre Uzebba-Okpuje-Okabhor Road in Owan West Local Government Area.


He said: “Like I promised during the electioneering campaign in 2007, I said I did not come to join people to lament the misrule of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). I did not come to shed tears about missed opportunities. I came with my colleagues on a rescue mission. It was to show that whatever they said was not possible, to demonstrate that it is possible and that everything they refused to do, we would try to do it.

“We started by building schools. I am sure in this local government you have what they now call the ‘red roof’ schools. I am sure in a couple of places we have also sunk boreholes. I am sure some of your sons and daughters, who are working for the Edo State Government, their salaries for May has been paid, and the wage has even been increased.

“I can assure you it has been tough, and it is still tough. It might get even tougher in the very near future. But there is nothing we have started in this state under my stewardship that we have abandoned. And therefore, this one is yet another project that we will complete. It will not be abandoned. Even if oil price crashes to zero, this road will be done.

“We have already mobilised the contractor. So, we are not owing. The contractor has Owan blood. He must ensure that this road is better than any other road we have built so that it will last much longer than 25 years. This is because, for me, a government must never deceive the people because we don’t settle for less than the best.

“That is why on all the roads we are constructing, we insist that they must have not just laterite base, we also ensure they have stone base to make sure that the asphalt does not peel off fast. We create drainage wherever it is necessary so that the water can flow out and protect the asphalt.

“That is why our roads are better than PDP Federal roads. None of our roads has failed. I have spent seven and a half years in office. We have not gone back to the quality of roads we met before. So, I assure you that this will be the same.”

source: nigerianeye

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Subscribe me